Monday, May 30, 2016

How To Create Your Defining Moment

The Truth About ThatDayI look really happy in that photo, but the reality was that deep down inside I was freaking out. I wasn't happy at all.I was bubbling with emotion from the temporary excitement of achieving my degree but also the absolute fear of not having a job and waking up the next day to the realities of rent bills, looming student loans, a major dose of humility and months of discouragement ahead (unbeknownst to me at that time)...The days and months that would follow my joyous graduation day, were terrifying. It's a horrible feeling to not have a job after you graduate, and if you've ever been there, I don't have to tell you twice.The Fruits of My StruggleFast forward to today. I can look back and embrace this rough spell in my career and life because it truly taught me about what it's like to be in the job search and what so many of my clients are going through aside from just the standard resume confusion. The job search is a huge emotional struggle. It's a time where my clients need a shoulder to lean on and a big dose of positive reinforcement and in being this for them, I truly find career fulfillment.In fact, I just started working with someone who has been in the search for 6 months. She reminds me of how I felt back then. She's ambitious, bright, a total catch for any company - yet she is struggling to make the traction or applythe right tactics. She doesn't know what she doesn't know about the job search (which btw is consistent across the majority of job seekers I encounter)...Yesterday we had our first meeting and afterwards, she sent me this note that really took the wind out of me:"Thanks so much Noelle! This helps a lot. I only wish we met earlier in my job search!"This is what I do and this is why I get out of bed every morning in terms of professional fulfillment...Does Any of This Resonate With You?This is what I want to do for you if you are feeling like you need some kind of support finding joy in your everyday. My mission is not about just beinga career coach and the short-term strategy of landing a job. It's about so much more. It's about finding your passion and fulfillment because I know what it feels like, to be otherwise.Create Your Defining MomentDo you know your defining moment? More importantly, are you doing what you were born to do? Take a 10-minute mental break. Close your eyes and ask yourself: "What am I passionate about and am I doing that every day?"If you're having trouble figuring out your path, youmight want to consider a more in-depth type of assessment to figure this out. This is part of whatmy team offers btw. Don't waste any more time fumbling or worse yet, traveling further down a path that doesn't fulfill you.If you know exactly where you want to go but are having trouble getting there, make now your time to shine. Start to put the pieces in place so you can make today your defining moment and reach your goal sooner rather than later. We can help with that too.Knowledge is power when it comes to your careerand Noelle wants to share all her secrets to career success, starting today! For more great tips, tricks and career advice, be sure to check outhttp://www.ngcareerstrategy.com/blog/You're also invited to access 2 FREE hiring-manager approved resumes. Sign up now:http://bit.ly/1Qp0P2hArticle Source:http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Noelle_Gross/1877044

No comments:

Post a Comment