Monday, February 22, 2016

Ch 15.2: Princess of France

Mirano: I was intently looking at the person when he turned towards me. Isaw a mark on his face on which waswritten “The Holy Ghost” with light letters. (Here Isabella was suddenly forced to laugh but she suppressed itby coughing.)Arkia: O Lord ! Glorified be Thy Name!Mirano: Then he took out a phial andpoured a few drops on the head of Isabella.Monk: Surely, they were drops of faith. Isabella, your luck has brightened.Mirano: Thereafter the Holy Ghost told me two things…Monk: Say what these two things were.Mirano: He said that there is a sacredChurch in the southern part of Cordova which is now-a-days deserted and in which bones of holy saints are preserved for pilgrims andseekers of blessings. I am going there. Look, the Lord is waiting for you there with extended arms to confer blessings.Arkia: Crucified Lord! Thy Name be glorified. By holy Mary! how lucky is the revelation. And I had seen the Lord the moment I came here. Do yousee how Mirano’s revelation has confirmed what I said.Monk : Now say what was the other thing which the Holy Ghost said.Mirano : The other thing…Monk: Yes.Mirano: The other thing is not to be told here, as I have been so enjoined.Monk: Did the Holy Ghost ask you notto reveal it ?Mirano: Yes, He told me not to reveal it before others.Monk: At least tell me if it was about some person or some work?Mirano: I can say this much that it was about you, holy father. How could I know that your position is so exalted before the Lord?Since the monks and Roman CatholicChristians are very superstitious and easily led to believe, the monk believed it at once and jumped in joy and on hearing from Mirano “How could I know that you have so exalteda position before the Lord?” Arkia fell at the feet of the monk and began to rub her forehead on them while the monk in the ecstasy of joy stood motionless and could only say to her: Daughter, have patience! You will also be with me inParadise.

No comments:

Post a Comment